Latvia make it five wins in a row in Silver EuroLeagueM
Skopje, Former Y.R. of Macedonia, June 3, 2018. Latvia claimed on Sunday their fifth straight victory in the pool stage of the 2018 CEV Volleyball Silver European League – Men to cement their leadership in Pool A. The Latvian players showed nerves of steel in the dramatic final stages of the first and second sets of their away matchup with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 European League silver medal winners before eventually sealing a 3-0 victory (28-26, 29-27, 25-17) over the Former Y.R. of Macedonia.
• The score remained close up to 20-all in the first set. The hosts cancelled three set balls, but Latvia eventually secured a 1-0 lead in the match.
• In the second set, the Macedonian team were off to a flying start leading 5-1, 10-3 and 15-6, but the opponent came back strong. The Latvians saved four set balls for the hosts before doubling their lead in the match.
• Latvia was completely dominant in the third set and secured their fifth straight victory in the competition.
• Latvia’s opposite Edvarts Buivids top scored with 17 points.
• In the last round coming up on Wednesday, the Former Y.R. of Macedonia will play in Skopje against Kosovo while Latvia will host Austria in a direct clash for first place in the pool.
Click here for further information.
Information by cev.lu