Last tickets to CLF4Kazan at stake in Novosibirsk and Trento
Luxembourg, April 11, 2018. Two more tickets are up for grabs to join the ‘Volleyball party of the year’, the Final Four of the 2018 CEV Volleyball Champions League – Men due to take place in Kazan on May 12-13, 2018. Sir Colussi Sicoma PERUGIA and Cucine Lube CIVITANOVA will be trying to capitalise on the 3-1 home victories they claimed last week but they will find two extremely motivated opponents standing on the other side of the net in 2013 gold medallists Lokomotiv NOVOSIBIRSK and three-time CL winners TRENTINO Diatec. With four star-studded teams taking to the court, there is a lot to look forward to for all fans as the race towards #CLF4Kazan is reaching its climax!
Lokomotiv NOVOSIBIRSK (RUS) vs. Sir Colussi Sicoma PERUGIA (ITA)
• Lokomotiv lost to PERUGIA (1-3) last week and therefore the Russians have to claim a 3-1 or 3-0 home victory in order to vie for the all-deciding Golden Set and stay in contention for a spot in the Final Four.
• The eventual winners of this fixture will play titleholders Zenit KAZAN in the semis on May 12. Zenit have just qualified for the final stage of the Russian national league.
• Lokomotiv are currently playing for places 5-8 in their national championship and they just lost 0-3 to Fakel NOVY URENGOY. The second matchup with Fakel will take place after the home fixture with PERUGIA.
• Despite the tight schedule, Lokomotiv have been working hard at their home base in Novosibirsk to prepare for the highly anticipated match with the ‘Block Devils’ from Italy.
Plamen Konstantinov, head coach of Lokomotiv: “In the first match, the Italian team was very good and we could not find a way to cope with their service. We will try to improve this element for the home match. We have some advantage on our side. We will try to get stronger, and our fans will definitely help us. We will try to secure our qualification to the Final Four.”
TRENTINO Diatec (ITA) vs. Cucine Lube CIVITANOVA (ITA)
• Cucine Lube claimed a 3-1 home victory a week ago – and the repeat of this Italian derby will determine which side qualifies for the Final Four due to take place in Kazan on May 12-13, 2018. The hosts from TRENTINO have to record a 3-0 or 3-1 victory to vie for the all-deciding Golden Set whilst CIVITANOVA need to win two sets to secure their participation in the Final Four.
• TRENTINO Diatec and Cucine Lube have crossed their paths in the CEV Volleyball Champions League five times before. They did so in the semis in 2009 and 2016 – with TRENTINO emerging victorious on both occasions by 3-0 – as well as in the Playoffs 6 of the 2012 edition – where TRENTINO lost 2-3 away and won 3-0 at home.
• Cucine Lube and TRENTINO were the finalists in the 2017 edition of the Italian national league. There is a chance that these sides could clash again in the 2018 championship series – CIVITANOVA lead 2-1 in the semi-final series with Azimut MODENA whilst TRENTINO trail 1-2 in theirs with Sir Colussi Sicoma PERUGIA.
• This matchup will be the 84th played by TRENTINO in the CEV Volleyball Champions League; they have contested 36 matches at home this far, losing only four times before their fans. When it comes to international competitions, TRENTINO have a record of 119 wins in 147 matches.
• In terms of head-to-heads, TRENTINO lead the way with 30 wins – out of 59 matches with Cucine Lube. However, CIVITANOVA have won the last eight matches in a row. TRENTINO’s last victory dates to November 13, 2016 when they recorded a 3-1 home win. TRENTINO and Cucine Lube have played each other 23 times in Trento – with the hosts leading the way with 15 wins vs. eight for Lube. The last such match took place on January 15 with CIVITANOVA emerging victorious in four sets.
Angelo Lorenzetti, coach of TRENTINO Diatec: “This match will herald a period of four days during which we will be fighting for everything that remains at stake this season. We will in fact face PERUGIA right after Cucine Lube for the fourth match of the semi-finals in the national league. We obviously have to focus on one match at a time and enjoy this moment that puts us in front of do-or-die matches. It is clear that, after the result of the previous match last week, we will have to do our best to make it through to the next round but I will ask my players to play without thinking too much about the result we have to achieve in order to continue our journey in this competition. If we really want to cause any troubles to Lube, we do not have to keep looking at the result, because our opponents are very strong and focused.”
How to follow the matches...
Watch them live: http://cev.laola1.tv/
Click here for a comprehensive TV schedule.
Live score, statistics, reports and photos: all available on www.cev.lu
Social Media: Follow via the official event hashtag (#CLVolleyM) with the most regular updates coming on our competition Twitter account @CEVolleyballCL
Information by cev.lu