KAZAN vs CIVITANOVA – Must know facts about the men’s Super Final
Luxembourg, May 14, 2019. Cucine Lube CIVITANOVA and Zenit KAZAN will be making history on Saturday when they contest the CEV Champions League Volley 2019 Super Final in Berlin. Actually, Cucine Lube will be flying to the German capital straight after playing the last round of the Italian Superleague championship series with Sir Colussi Sicoma PERUGIA on Tuesday night. The ‘big match’ is one all fans can look forward to – and not only the 9,046 that will account for a sell-out crowd at Max-Schmeling-Halle. The eventual winners of this ‘Clash of the Titans’ will seize a record-breaking € 400,000 purse, with the losers travelling home with € 200,000.
The rivalry between Zenit KAZAN and Cucine Lube has been lasting for a few years already. If Zenit go for their fifth straight and seventh overall #CLVolleyM crown, Cucine Lube hope to seize the trophy for the first time since they did so in 2002 – and to break a Russian supremacy which started back in 2012.
These are some interesting facts for fans to know ahead of the ‘big match’ that will start at 19:00 CEST:
• Zenit KAZAN and Cucine Lube CIVITANOVA meet in a repeat of last year’s Champions League final.
• Zenit defeated Cucine Lube 3-2 in that final, winning the competition for a fourth season in a row.
• Zenit have a W3-L2 record against Cucine Lube in the CL. Zenit claimed all three of their wins in five sets.
• In the 2008/2009 quarter-finals, Cucine Lube ousted Zenit after a 3-0 home win and a 3-2 away defeat.
• In the League Round in 2013/2014, Cucine Lube won 3-0 in Macerata while Zenit won 3-2 in Kazan.
• These teams also met in the final of the 2017 FIVB Club World Championship in Krakow, Poland. Zenit won that match in straight sets.
For further information, visit the official event website http://clvolley.cev.eu.
Information by cev.eu