CEV announce winners of awards for Beach Volleyball event organisers
Luxembourg, February 26, 2018. The 2017 Beach Volleyball season was a highly successful one and it reached its climax with the European Championship held in Jurmala, Latvia where Italy’s Paolo Nicolai/Daniele Lupo and Germany’s Julia Grossner/Nadja Glenzke claimed the fictional titles of ‘Kings and Queens of the Beach’. In order to pay back the organisers of the many events held throughout the 2017 season, the CEV have introduced a series of prizes, with the eventual winners receiving a financial allocation to acknowledge and reward their contribution towards the development of Beach Volleyball.
The eventual winners are:
• Best online action or initiative (across all events): Baden Masters (AUT)
• Best on venue action or initiative (across all events): Ljubljana Masters (SLO)
• Best event image and identity (across all events): European Championship Final, Jurmala (LAT)
• Best event image and identity across all age group European Championships: #EuroBeachVolleyU18 in Kazan (RUS)
• Best event image and identity across all Satellite and Youth Continental Cup events: CEV Satellites held in Laholm, Sweden (first prize) and Siófok, Hungary (runner-up)
The CEV announced the introduction of these awards before the start of the 2017 season in order to stimulate the organisation and delivery of special activities likely to raise the profile of Beach Volleyball as a whole as well as the ‘overall experience’ for fans attending Beach Volleyball events included in the European Tour.
Information by cev.lu