Belarus and Germany proceed to 2018 CEV U19 Volleyball European Championship - Women Final Round
As per the results of the Drawing of Lots held in Tirana in early May, the Final Round will start with pool play as follows:
Pool I: Albania, Poland, Italy, Bulgaria, Belarus, The Netherlands
Pool II: Turkey, Russia, Serbia, France, Slovakia, Germany
Pool H in ROU
Romania vs. Belarus 0-3 (26-28, 24-26, 23-25)
• Belarus ended their campaign in Pool H with a three-sets win over hosts Romania.
• Romania had a flying start leading the way 8-6 and 16-14 and it looked like Belarus were simply not able to stand that storm. However, the Romanian players soon started making errors and Belarus, on the other hand, improved their performance. In the last minutes of the set, the score was equal at 24-24, but Belarus showed better nerves and turned things in their favour to seal a 28-26 win.
• In the second set Belarus changed their attitude and led by Hanna Hryshkevich took a comfortable lead, making an eight points gap (16-8). Romania tried it hard to find the right answer and thanks to good play by Adelina Budai-Ungureanu and Carmen Ioana Ditu equalized again at 24-all. Belarus, however, responded with great attacks and emerged victorious at 26-24.
• Romania opened the third set leading at 8-6, but Belarus fought back to edge ahead at 16-15. Without any big problems, the visitors closed the match at 25-23 to seal a 3-0 victory.
• Adelina Budai-Ungureanu paced Romania with 14 points whilst Hanna Hryshkevich was the most prolific player of the match with 20 points for Team Belarus.
Norway vs. Germany 0-3 (20-25, 9-25, 17-25)
• Germany ended their campaign in Pool H with a dominant performance, leading to a 3-0 win over Norway, thus booking the second ticket to the Final Round in Albania.
• Luisa Keller from Germany became best player of the match, scoring as many as 21 points.
• Norway finished on last position as they could take only one set from Belarus on Day 1 of the tournament and one set from Romania on Day 2.
Click here for further information.
Information by cev.lu